Navi

Monday, September 5, 2016

ChihayaFlood! Chapters 49, 85, and 86 Now Available!

We've been quiet for a while over here, but that was just because we were hard at work on several chapters at once! We finished up Chapters 85-86, and then (due to popular demand) jumped back to the beginning of the "missing chapters" section and translated Chapter 49.

Originally we'd decided to move backwards because we didn't want to step on any other team's toes who might be starting up from Chapter 49, but since that doesn't seem to be an issue, we're just going to move forward chronologically now. So expect Chapter 50, 51, and so on after this.

The new chapters are available on Batoto:
We're also looking into a way to have the chapters available for viewing here. We'll let you know when we get that set up.

Chapter 50 is coming along right now, but (as you'll notice if you click on those links), we're in need of a translator to help with future scripts. If you have experience and want to give us a hand, shoot us an email at rolybearpress@gmail.comYou can attach a translation sample if you have one handy (3-4 manga pages or a novel paragraph), or if not, let us know and we'll send you a short translation test.

Thanks!
~RBP

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is cool, thanks so much for the releases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys are back! Chihayafuru is my absolute favorite manga series--in fact, I started learning Japanese just to be able to read the manga in Japanese.

    As for a translation, I found this translation online, and from what I can tell (I've compared it to the Japanese language manga I have at home using my minimal kanji skills) it's pretty accurate and detailed: http://keroberus-tea-room.blogspot.com/2012/02/chihayafuru-manga-synopsis-vol-93.html
    The translator does not translate the sound effects, however you only need someone who can read katakana to look up the sound effects online. I am certainly not proficient yet, but hit me up if you need someone to do that--I can at least read katakana and if there is anything in kanji that is not translated by this translation, I can at least figure it out or ask some Japanese language majors I know.

    I found up through chapter 79 but chapters 80-84 were not translated.

    Please do let me know if you need help. I'm sorry I'm not proficient at Japanese or at Photoshop, but I'd be happy to help if you have something for me to do. I love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm contacting to let you know that I have translated the chapters in full from 50-67 (on hiatus currently however) at snowyangell.tumblr.com. I know my Japanese translating still needs a lot of improvement so I was a little hesitant to ask to become one of your translators. Hopefully, there is someone that can quality check my translations in the case that you are interested in using them. If not, that's entirely okay and I wish you guys the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for the releases! i'm so happy you guys are back! i've watched the anime but i don't like skipping so i'm still waiting for the gap to be filled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're not available anymore.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've watched the anime but i don't like skipping so i'm still waiting for the gap to be filled.




    Goldenslot สล็อต
    goldenslot mobile

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing also check this website

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your post interesting to read and i want to say that this is a best post i have ever seen until now. Take a look at Nintendo eShop goft card codes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your thoughts on are a very interesting perspective. thank for good post and sharing...checkout this blog Jacqueline Fernandez | hd wallpapers for desktop

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're in point of fact a just right webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any unique trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done a wonderful task on this topic! I am glad to share a brilliant post about BSL Shaders Pack for Mac. I hope you will really enjoy this shader pack. You can Download BSL Shaders from here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your post interesting to read and I want to say that this is a best post I have ever seen until now. Take a look at Cccpokemon white 2 cheats

    ReplyDelete